If you are an Italian citizen, EU or non-EU with a foreign title (corresponding to the required Italian title and recognized as suitable) holding a resident permit, you are admitted to the University on the same conditions of an Italian title holder, hence without limitations of contingent and without sitting for the Italian language test. If you want to sit for the admission test of a program with access restrictions read carefully the public call on our website:
Furthermore, for some programs with access restrictions is also planned a mandatory verification of the initial preparation hence read carefully the instruction reported on the webpage of your program.
In order to be admitted to the Bachelor’s Degree programs and the Single-cycle Degree programs it is mandatory to hold a diploma obtained abroad after 12 years of education minimum and which allows you to enroll in a university in your Country.
In order to compensate for any missing years of schooling, where it is necessary to evaluate qualifications obtained at the end of a school education of less than 12 years, higher education institutions may alternatively request:
- The academic transcripts certifying the passing of all the exams foreseen for the first year of university studies in the case of the eleven-year local school system, or the academic transcripts certifying the passing of all the exams scheduled for the first two academic years in the case of a ten-year local school system.
- An official Italian or foreign post-secondary study qualification obtained in a non-university higher education institution in a subject related to the chosen course, lasting one year in the case of an eleven-year local school system, or two years in the case of a ten-year local school system, respectively.
- Certificates from other Italian universities regarding the completion of a foundation course which compensates for the years of missing education.
The certifications for passing foundation courses can also be used in order to fill those additional requirements required for entry to the courses, which are different from the years of schooling, but in no case can they remedy the absence of a “Diploma of upper secondary school or other qualification obtained abroad, recognised as acceptable” (Ministerial Decree 270/2004 and Presidential Decree 212/2005).
It can be considered in the 12 years also the pre-school year if the attendance was mandatory and part of the curriculum and in case in the pre-school program was provided with the teaching of reading and writing of the language of that given Country and smattering of calculus. For further information about the validity of titles obtained abroad, please check the ministerial procedures published at the following link:
Master Degree programs
To be admitted to Master Degree programs (two-year programs) it is required a title obtained in a foreign university or a post-secondary title achieved in a Non-University higher education Institute which allows you to continue your studies in the academic institutes in your Country.
After the admission test, if provided, you will have to complete the registration procedure in the Delphi system then follow the Enrollment Procedure Guide provided below.
Enrollment Procedure Guide
a. Access the website: delphi.uniroma2.it
b. Select “Enrollment”
c. Select “Start application procedures”
d. Carefully read the information about your data protection and confirm that you have done it to proceed
e. Fill in the two “Registration Personal Information” sections
f. Select the Course you have been admitted to
g. Enter your high-school diploma/bachelor’s degree title
h. Select “Print”: the system will release the registration application with the list of documents to upload
i. Keep with care the CTRL and the FISCAL CODE that the system automatically generates
j. Select in the Student Area, Button 2 – Enrollment “point "b" You have already filled in the application
k. Enter your Fiscal Code and CTRL
l. Upload the documents required for the enrollment. It is necessary to upload ONE pdf file for each document
m. Wait for the International Students Office’s response: the Office has to verify the documentation you uploaded to enable you to enroll. If all your documents are regular and nothing is missing, you will receive an email with the instructions to pay the first installment and to validate the payment.
n. The payment validation will allow you to get your matricola and password, needed to access the online classes and for your online career management at Tor Vergata.
As soon as you will be allowed to enter Italy and arrive in Rome, you will have to submit the original documents digitally uploaded on the Delphi System (point l) and a valid residence permit (for non-EU students only). Once at Tor Vergata, please reach the International Students Office (Via Cracovia n. 50 - Building D floor 0) for this compulsory administrative step.
In case of any irregularity in the submitted documentation, the duty officers will automatically cancel the enrollment.
In order to correctly enroll to a Bachelor or Single-cycle programm you must provide:
- Either a true copy of the final title obtained after at least 12 years of education, accompained by the Statement of Comparability issued by the CIMEA.
- Or a true copy of the final title obtained after at least 12 years of education, with official translation in Italian and validated by the Italian competent authorities in the Country of the educational system attended. This validation is not necessary if the certification presents the “Aja Apostille”; accompained by the original of the Declaration of Value of the final title issued by the Italian competent authorities for the territory.
In case the title is obtained after less than 12 years of education, then you must provide:
a) Certification of the partial academic studies accomplished with official translation in Italian and validated by Italian competent authorities. This validation is not necessary if the certification presents the “Aja Apostille”.
b) Academic title obtained in a Non-University institution with official translation in Italian and validated by Italian competent authorities. This validation is not necessary if the certification presents the “Aja Apostille”.
c) Certification of a foundation course released by the Italian secondary school institutions as complementary title of the schooling abroad. Note that the abovementioned additional or complementary certifications of titles obtained with less than 12 years of education allow the enrollment to the first academic year and cannot be evaluated for enrollment with abbreviation of course in order to avoid a double evaluation of the same titles.
Copy of the certificate that states the student passed the proficiency test for the access to the universities if expected and mandatory in your home Country (Selectividad in Spain; Prova geral de Acesso in Portugal; etc.) with official translation in Italian and validated by Italian competent authorities. This validation is not necessary if the certification presents the “Aja Apostille”.
Copy of the Residence Permit (only for non-EU students regularly resident in Italy).
Copy of the Fiscal Code.
Copy of the letter of admission, when provided.
In order to correctly enroll to a Master Degree (two-year programme) you must provide the following documents:
- Either: a true copy of final academic title accompanied by the Statement of Comparability issued by the CIMEA.
- or a true copy of final academic title legalized or apostilled and officially translated into Italian and accompanied by the Declaration of Value issued by the Italian competent authorities abroad.
Furthermore, it is required the transcript issued by the competent University which states the exams passed with official translation in Italian and validated by Italian competent authorities; as well as, for each subject, the description of the programs attended to obtained the mentioned title. The transcript can be replaced by the “Diploma Supplement”.
- Copy of the Residence Permit (only for non-EU students regularly resident in Italy).
- Copy of the Fiscal Code.
- Copy of the letter of admission, when provided.
WARNING: All the documents in a foreign language must provided with official translation in Italian and consular validation (you can refer to local translators and then request the Italian competent authorities in your Country to certify the compliance of the translation. This legalization is not necessary if the certificate reports the Apostille Aja).