In recent years, the calculation of Italian university tuition fees have changed. Please remember that your annual tuition fees at Tor Vergata depend on your first year of enrollment. Students enrolled in 2019/2020 will keep paying tuition fees according to the tuition system described here until the end of their academic career; students first enrolled in 2018/2019 (or before) will pay their fees according to their tuition system. Currently, in order to be considered as an Italian fee status student for tuition fee purposes, you generally need to have your family income declared in Italy so that the University will get your ISEE and calculate your annual tuition fee on the basis of your incomes. Even if you are a student regularly paying taxes in one of the EU Countries, you will be considered into the Italian fee status students and your tuition fee will be calculated on the basis of your family income. Finally, NON-EU students are divided into 3 groups for tuition fee rates: those declaring their income overseas, those declaring their income in one of the EU Countries and those enrolling at the School of Economics. Annual tuition fees are payable in two instalments at Tor Vergata with deadlines in November and in March; detailed information about deadlines will be published into the Students Guide 2020.
Italian and EU Students – please refer to the Students Guide 2019, chapter 7, as no changes have been made for 2020/2021.
Non-EU Students: Non-EU students unable to submit a regular ISEE, will be asked to pay an annual tuition fee of 1.156,00 €. LazioDisco scholarship winners will have a reduction of 140 euro, paying 1.016,00 €.
Non-EU students coming from this* list of countries, will be asked to pay an annual tuition fee of 656,00 €. LazioDisco scholarship winners will have a reduction of 140 euro, paying 516,00 €.
School of Economics Non-EU students: Non-EU students unable to submit a regular ISEE, will be asked to pay an annual tuition fee of 2.656,00 €. LazioDisco scholarship winners will have a reduction of 140 euro, paying 2.516,00 €.
*Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, BurkinaFaso, Burundi, Cambogia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo Democratic Republic, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Haiti, Kiribati, Korea Dem. Rep., Lao People's Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia e Zimbabwe.
Fees and contributions have to be paid following the instructions on the Delphi System Students who fail to pay the tuition fees will not be allowed to:
- register exams
- obtain any certificate relative to his/her student career
- transfer credits to another University
All students (except those who are exempted) have to pay the first installment within 5th November 2019, which includes: 1. 16-euro stamp duty 2. 140-euro regional fee 3. Only for EU students or non-EU students resident in Italy, University contribution varies according to the Class of Contribution: a. Ordinary taxation: 0 Euros b. Superior taxation: 200 Euros c. Maximum taxation: 332 Euros An example of how the first installment is calculated is shown below
|Taxation class (in Euros)|
|Amount 1st Installment||156||356||488|
- Deadline for the payment of the First Installment For the students enrolling in the first year, the first installment must be paid during the enrolment procedures. If this is not specified in the course call, the first installment must be paid by November 5th, 2019. For enrolment to the second year onwards, the first installment must be paid by November 5th 2019. The first payment slip is issued by the Delphi system in the section reserved for initial registration in year one or in the following academic years. - Fines for late payment: In cases of late payment, a fine will automatically be added to the payment of the next installment:
- 50 Euros for payments made by December 31st, 2019
- 100 Euros for payments between January 1st and March 30th , 2020
b) Second Instalment The amount of the second installment is based on the contribution class of the degree course, the type of taxation (ordinary, superior or maximum) and the student’s family income (ISEE-University). For Non-UE students whose families generate and declare their income outside the UE, the secondo installment is based on their residency country (please see Tuition Fees for International Students).
PRINT OF PAYMENT SLIP a. Connect to Delphi website: delphi.uniroma2.it b. Select “Student Section” c. Click on Key 4 “MANAGE CAREER ONLINE” d. Select “Payment of Taxes and contributions” e. Print the payment note f. Pay the instalment at any UniCredit Bank. The receipt will contain an AUTH code (confirmation code). It is also possible to pay your participation fee and university contributions online by clicking here or by connecting to the Unicredit website, www.unicredit.it and then clicking on: Università degli Studi di Roma “Tor Vergata”> Pagamenti (Payments). g. Connect again to the Delphi Online Services site and enter the payment details (CTRL and AUTH codes) and you will be issued a bank receipt which confirms your payment.
- Deadline for the payment of the Second Instalment The second installment can be paid with two options:
- Divided into two payments (default option) - 50% by March 31st, 2020 - 50% by May 29th, 2020
- A single payment by March 31st, 2020 if you select "single payment" (pagamento in un’unica soluzione) or if the second instalment is lower than 300 Euros.
- Fines for late payment: In case of late payment, a fine will be automatically added to your next instalment of:
- 50 Euros for payments within one month after the deadline
- 100 Euros for payments more than one month after the deadline
N.B: It is important to remember that fines due to late payments can be avoided by guaranteeing that all installments are paid respecting the deadlines. Should the student request a reappraisal of the installments, a price adjustment will be recalculated.
Tuition fees can be paid at any UniCredit Bank Agency in Italy. On your receipt, there will be a confirmation code (AUTH code). It is also possible to pay your participation fee and university contributions online by clicking here or by connecting to the Unicredit website, www.unicredit.it and then clicking on: Università degli Studi di Roma “Tor Vergata”> Pagamenti (Payments). Unfortunately the payment page is in Italian: for a translation download this pdf
N.B. Use only the payment slip issued by the system at the moment of enrolment/registration. Any other payment made and in any other way (e.g. through a direct credit transfer) will not be considered valid in the enrolment procedure and will not be refunded.
Students who wish to apply for university tax reductions must, through their reserved area of the Delphi portal, authorize the University to consult the INPS database in order to obtain their ISEE-University certificate. The deadline for this procedure is December 16th, 2019.
Students who decide not to apply for a reduction in tuition fees, who do not have a valid ISEE-University, who have an ISEE-University of more than 90,000 Euros or who do not authorize the consultation of the INPS database will automatically have to pay the maximum fee for their contribution class.
The University will not accept ISEE certifications that:
- have expired and which are therefore invalid
- are incomplete or compiled in the wrong way
- are deemed to be ineligible to obtain tax benefits for University studies.
After the acquisition of the ISEE-University certification, taxes and contributions will be recalculated. Following this, no new forms of certification will be permitted for the remaining part of the academic year.
What is an ISEE certification and what is it for?
The ISEE certificate (Indicatore Situazione Economica Equivalente - Equivalent Economic Situation Indicator) is the instrument for assessing the economic situation of individuals who request subsidised social benefits. It is reserved for students from EU and non-EU countries who belong to a family unit with declared incomes in Italy.
This can be obtained by combining and considering three elements: income, assets, and family. For the purpose of tuition fees, if parents are not members of the family unit, students can be considered to be a single member of the family only in the following cases:
-students have not been living in the original family home (or in a house owned by a family member) for at least two years since the date of their original enrollment application for each time they apply for a course.
-the student has an adequate income.
If both conditions are not satisfied, students will be considered as a member of their parents’ family.
In accordance with current legislation, the only ISEE considered valid for the calculation of tax brackets and other benefits provided by the University is the ISEE-University.
How to apply for an ISEE-University
In order to obtain the ISEE for services regarding the right to study (ISEE-University), students must fill in the form entitled “Dichiarazione sostitutiva unica (DSU) integrale” .
-The DSU contains information about the family and its members and about the assets and incomes of each member of the family. It must be filled out and handed in at the following offices:
▪Centri di Assistenza Fiscale CAF
▪INPS, also online using the INPS portal
Once compiled and submitted their DSU, students must wait for an average of ten working days to obtain their ISEE-University.
Given that in order to compile the DSU, a lot of information concerning property, assets, and income must be collected, the procedure may be time-consuming. Students should submit their DSU as soon as possible to the CAF office which will provide the ISEE-University.
The University cannot offer a direct DSU service.
As soon as INPS or CAF provides the ISEE-University certification, the student must check on the Delphi platform to verify the correct acquisition and recalculation of the second instalment.
Should any errors come to light, the student must report them through the following email address: email@example.com.
To access the benefits provided for the reduction of university contributions:
- Community students belonging to a family unit with income declared abroad, who register or enrol in years subsequent to the first one;
- non-EU students belonging to a family unit with income declared abroad, who enrol in years subsequent to the first one;
will have to obtain the ISEE-University certificate (data collection form for university indicator), by 16 DECEMBER 2019, at any CAF at national level and deliver it to the student secretariat;
To obtain an ISEE-University certificate, students must provide details regarding their incomes and assets in Italy and their incomes and assets abroad of each member of their family. These documents need to be issued by the competent authorities in the country where the incomes are produced.
They must also be officially translated by the Italian Diplomatic Authorities of that country together with the income expressed in Euros. In those countries where obtaining such documents is difficult, the documentation may be requested at the foreign diplomatic Authorities in Italy and certified by the Prefecture in accordance with art.33 of the Decree of the President of the Republic, n. 445 of 28th December, 2000.
For foreign students from particularly poor countries indicated in the Ministerial Decree of 9th June 2017, n.1455, their income will be evaluated according to the documentation issued by the Italian Embassy in the student’s country of origin in order to certify that the student does not belong to an upper-class family with a high income (DPCM 9/4/2001).
Once obtained their certificates, students must submit to the Foreign Student Secretarial Office a copy of their final ISEE-University certificate issued by a CAF office together with all the documentation related to the certification. Following this, students will be able to check the amountthey will have to pay in their second instalment.
Should any errors come to light, students must report them to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For non-EU students, with no Italian citizenship and belonging to a family unit whose income is earned abroad, enrolling in their year one in 2019/2020, the second instalment has a fixed annual amount based on their Country of origin, as follows:
- € 500 for students coming from the so-called developing countries, as defined by the 11/06/2019 MIUR decree published on the Official Gazette n.144 of 21/06/2019 (Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, BurkinaFaso, Burundi, Cambogia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo Democratic Republic, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Haiti, Kiribati, Korea Dem. Rep., Lao People's Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia e Zimbabwe);
- € 1,000 for all other non-EU students.
For more info on the ISEE-University, please consult paragraph 7.5 of student guide book or visit: http://studenti.uniroma2.it
Deadline for the ISEE-University submission
The ISEE-Università certification regarding the right to participate in a university course must be applied for by 16th December 2019. On receiving the ISEE certification, students, through the Delphi portal, must immediately authorize the University to obtain the ISEE-U from the INPS portal within the validity period of the certificate. the student must, through the Delphi portal, authorise the University to acquire the ISEE-U from the INPS portal within the validity period of the certificate.
Therefore, students must not consign any document to the University, nor should they send their ISEE-University by e-mail. Students who already have a valid ISEE-University do not need to apply for a new ISEE-University certificate for enrolment in the academic year 2019/2020 but must authorize the University to acquire the ISEE-University certificate from the INPS database through its reserved area of the Delphi portal by 16 DECEMBER 2019.
Should the DSU not be presented by the deadline of December 16th, 2019, students will be placed in the highest income bracket and therefore will not be entitled to any reduction in their tuition fees.If the DSU is presented after December 16th, 2019, a penalty will be applied as follows:
Application dates: 17 December 2019 - 16 March 2020
Penalty: 150 Euros
Application dates: 17 - 29 March 2020
Penalty: 200 Euros
The penalty for the late submission of ISEE-University may be combined with other penalties such as a late payment of tuition fees.
The penalty for the late transmission of your ISEE-University will not be applied in the following cases:
-Enrollment in a Degree (bachelor, master and one-cycle Master’s degree) if the deadline for the enrollment is later than December 1st, 2019;
-Enrollment in courses with an admission test after December 1st, 2019;-Enrollment after December 31st, 2019 due to a transfer from another University.
Students must retain their ISEE-University certificate as the University may in the future request to check it.
After the acquisition of the ISEE-Università certification, the taxes and contributions will be recalculated.
Following this, no new forms of certification will be permitted for the remaining part of the academic year.
- Students who have applied for a DiscoLazio scholarship, in the event that this scholarship is not awarded or is withdrawn, in order to obtain tax reductions, will have to, however, through their reserved area of the Delphi portal, authorize the University to consult the INPS database in order to obtain their ISEE-University certificate. The deadline for this procedure is December 16th, 2019.
- Students who submit a “domanda cautelativa” (precautionary application) in order to obtain a reduction in tuition fees due to their income and who fail to graduate in time must, through their reserved area of the Delphi portal, authorize the University to consult the INPS database in order to obtain their ISEE-University certificate. The deadline for this procedure is December 16th, 2019.