RUS (Rete Università Sostenibili) is a Network of 78 Italian universities founded in 2015 with the aim of spreading the sustainability culture and increasing its positive impact in environmental, ethical, social and economic terms in order to contribute to the achievement of the SDGs (Social Development Goals).
As a member of RUS, Tor Vergata University of Rome adheres to the 2021 edition of “M’illumino di Meno” a national event-day dedicated to energy efficency and sustainable living launched in 2005 by Radio Rai 2 program “Caterpillar“.
The event is scheduled for Friday 26 March and this year’s object is the “Leap of species”, meaning the ecological evolution we must overtake in order to adopt a more sustainable lifestyle.
Share your “Leap of Species”
From March 19th to 26th, Tor Vergata University will launch an awareness campaign on social media, asking all members of the university community to share photos and videos on Facebook or Instagram, which portray their personal “leap of species”, sustainable lifestyle, in one – or more – of the proposed areas:
– 🚴 Mobility
– 🏠 Home
– 🥕 Food
– ♻️ Circular Economy
– ☀️ Energy
– 🌲 Nature
– 🧑🎓 Free Leap (choose your own “leap”)
To participate, just share a post with an image or a short video on your Instagram or Facebook profile, accompanied by a brief description of your “leap of species”, among the seven proposed and add the campaign hashtags: #milluminodimeno #milluminodimenotorvergata and tag Tor Vergata’s official Facebook and Instagram pages @unitorvergata
The best content will be selected by RUS and shared on social media and official channels.
The “M’Illumino di Meno” Decalogue
1. Turn off the lights when they are not needed.
2. switch off and do not leave electronic devices on standby.
3. defrost the refrigerator frequently; keep the coil clean and away from the wall so that air can circulate.
4. put the lid on the pots when boiling the water and always avoid that the flame is wider than the bottom of the pot.
5. if it is too hot, turn down the radiators instead of opening the windows.
6. reduce the drafts of the fixtures by filling them with material that does not allow air to pass.
7. use the curtains to create spaces in front of the windows, the fixtures, the external doors.
8. do not leave curtains closed in front of the radiators.
9. insert special insulating and reflective films between the external walls and the radiators.
10. use the car as little as possible, share it with those who make the same journey. Use the bicycle to travel around the city.