The Buddy programme foresees a support and a welcome from the enrolled students to the new students in collaboration with the Welcome Office.
The first months are the most challenging: students need to familiarize with a new academic context, non-resident students with a new city and international students also with a culture and traditions different from their own.
A warm welcome can make the difference
If you want to support a new student in overcoming the same difficulties you might have faced at your arrival, you can apply to become a buddy, who will be an important reference during the first adaption period.
What does a Buddy do
- He/she contacts the students whom he/she is matched after their arrival
- He/she participates in cultural events and activities addressed to buddies and new students
- He/she helps new students become familiar with the campus and its facilities
- He/she facilitates the understanding of the didactic organization: structure of the academic year, lectures, exams
- He/she helps students get to know the city and its opportunities
- He/she addresses the student to the competent offices for specific issues
Why to become a Buddy
- You will get to know different cultures of the world without moving away from home
- You will make new friends
- You will improve your English language knowledge and be able to practice other foreign languages
- You’ll develop skills and contacts which will turn out to be useful in the job market
Who can apply to become a Buddy
Students regularly registered in the academic year 2020/2021 at Tor Vergata University of Rome, who will continue their studies at the University of “Tor Vergata” for the a.y. 21/22.
The Buddy will support students enrolled at the first year in the a.y. 2021/2022
How to apply
It is possible to apply by filling out the following online form below (available in Italian and in English)
Duration of the programme
The programme has a duration of four months (based on the opening of enrollments and/or the beginning of the lessons).
The Welcome Office will support you in acquiring the necessary skills to exercise at best your role as a Buddy, will assist you throughout the period in which you will volunteer and will invite you to take part in meetings, games and events (online or in presence) in which you will strengthen your relationship with the new students.
Informative material will be sent by e-mail.
The Buddies will be matched with new students on the basis of the attendance to the same study programme and of personal interests, revealed through the form.
According to the number of applicants, the buddies will be matched with one or more students.
For new students: how to get in contact with a Buddy
If you are a new student and want to get in touch with a Buddy, write to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your name, surname and your degree course. You will be inserted in the buddy chat of your School in order to receive all the updates.
Tor Vergata University of Rome