Are you a researcher from a YERUN institution willing to collaborate with another researcher from another YERUN university? Then, this opportunity is for you!
The YERUN Research Mobility Awards (YRMAs) are competitive awards for early career researchers (PhD students and post-docs) equivalent to Euraxess Research Profiles R1 (up to the point of PhD) and R2 (PhD holders, post-doc or equivalent who are not yet fully independent or until 8 years since completion of PhD) from YERUN Universities.
This year, the programme will support researchers to establish a new research collaboration in a virtual format. The programme provides a platform to:
- work with other YERUN academics on a research project, publication, or new collaborative activity;
- promote multidisciplinary research across the YERUN network;
- enrich the research and training opportunities for PhD students, early career and postdoctoral scholars within the YERUN network.
A YERUN Research Mobility Award provides a flat-rate award to cover your expenses related to establishing a virtual collaboration (1,000 Euros) (please note that this amount may be subject to tax withholding). Examples of activities whose cost can be covered by the grant are:
- Publication in an Open Access journal;
- Organisation of a virtual conference;
- Participation fees in a virtual conference;
- Purchase of a digital tool/ software that can support the virtual collaboration;
- Consumables equipment;
- Shipping of samples and other lab material;
- any other idea you might have!
The research collaboration has to be established and implemented during the year 2021. You will not have to provide any receipts and it is your responsibility to arrange the activities related to your collaboration.
- You must be a Researchers R1 (up to the point of PhD) and R2 (PhD holders, post-doc or equivalent who are not yet fully independent or until 8 years since completion of PhD) from YERUN Universities https://www.yerun.eu/about-yerun/. Researchers from institutions that are not YERUN members are not eligible.
- Researcher Mobility Awards will only be used for collaborations with YERUN institutions located in a country different from the one of your home institution.
- You must agree to submit a report on the outcomes at the end of your collaboration and a follow-up report describing any subsequent research collaborations with YERUN partners no later than one year after the award. This information will be used for YERUN Communication and Evaluation activities.
- All applications must be submitted with a letter of support signed by the hosting department. If no letter is provided with your application, your application will be rejected.
- Researchers that have been previously awarded a YRMA are not eligible to re-apply.
If you are interested in applying, please read the 2021 Call and apply online (link below). You can check in this document the different sections of the application.
If you want to read successful stories from the previous editions, click here.
🛑 Deadline for applications: 12 May 2021 (EOB).