Disclaimer: this is a translation of the selection announcement for PhD Courses. Its purpose is to provide information to foreign students. It has no legal value. The only official and legally binding source is the original Italian announcement
Application Deadline: 6th of March 2018 at 11.59 pm (CEST)
Selection process for foreign candidates (Non-Italian citizens) for academic year 2018/2019 to PhD courses is open.
Some PhD courses may require specific admission conditions, duly reported on the webpages of the related courses, also related to language requirement to carry out both the selection test and/or educational activities (degree awarded).
At the end of online process, applicants will be requested to attach the following mandatory documents (max. 25MB total size, pdf format):
- Curriculum Vitae with the mandatory indication of the degree awarded, the date, the list of exams taken with relative rate/score – written in English;
- Motivational letter and research project of max 1 page A4 size – written in English;
- List of publications, if any – written in English;
- Valid passport OR national identity card.
In addition to the above – mentioned document, applicants must provide two letters of recommendation from university professors, that should be submitted by email to the PhD Coordinator of the selected course by March 6th 2018.
Finally, applicants with a non-Italian degree must submit to the PhD Secretary office the Declaration of Value (Dichiarazione di valore) within six months following the registration, penalty of exclusion from the selection process.
Grounds for exclusion
- Applicants who will not provide all the documents and the information as above requested.
- Candidates who will not be graduated by October 31st, 2018.
- Candidates whose academic qualification awarded abroad will not be recognized as equivalent to an Italian qualification.
Such assessment will be carriedout by the Admission Committeeor by the Coordinator of the chosen PhDcourse.
- Applicants with a non-Italian degree that do not submit to the PhD Secretary office the Declaration of Value
After a first positive evaluation, applicants will be tested via Skype interview or in presence if possible. The time table interviews of admitted candidates will be published at the following webpage: dottorati.uniroma2.it
After the interview, Coordinators or the Admission Committee of the PhD courses will proceed with the selection process and fill in the list of the suitable candidates.
Candidates will then finally be admitted to the PhD courses only if:
- They hold a scholarship funded by their own Country OR they have their own source of income.
In this case, before enrollment procedure it is mandatory to provide documentation stating the source and amount of funding.
- They hold ajoint supervision agreement with a foreign university in accordance with the guidelines available at the following webpage: dottorati.uniroma2.it
- They have been awarded a University of Tor Vergata scholarship of the chosen PhD Program
Once enrolled, the PhD students will also have the Plus Program, prior an international agreement.
Signed by The Rector
Prof. Giuseppe Novelli